Week 5 of Cleanse Recipes
This stir-fry is bursting with flavor, while providing you with plenty of different vegetables. Make it personal and pick and choose what veggies you want to throw into your stir-fry.
· 2.5 lbs ground turkey thigh
· 1 Tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
· 1 teaspoon fish sauce
· 2 teaspoons tamari
· 1 Tablespoon harissa
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 medium knob of ginger, grated on microplane
· 1 head broccolini, finely chopped
· 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
· 1⁄4 cup sugar snap peas, roughly chopped
· bok choy and/or bell pepper optional
· zest & juice of one lime
· cilantro & lime wedges for garnish
1. Heat large, heavy-bottomed pan on high.
2. Lay the ground turkey on a flat surface and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
3. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Add ghee/coconut oil to pan.
5. Place ground turkey in pan. Use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Now, don’t touch it! Leave italone for 2 full minutes so it can develop a nice brown sear. This is where the flavor lives.
6. Add fish sauce, tamari, harissa, garlic & ginger to the pan. Use spatula to flip the turkey and break it into smaller pieces. Quickly add broccolini, carrot and snap peas, and stir for 1 ￼￼￼minute.
7. Turn off heat, add lime juice and zest.
8. Serve with cilantro and a lime wedge.
4 generous servings
Time: 30 minutes