Week 6 of Cleanse Recipes
SIMPLE SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SAUSAGE AND BASIL
The sausage in this dinner makes the hands on time in this recipe super quick! This is also a wonderful dish to cook for leftovers to enjoy throughout the week.
· 1 package good organic pre cooked chicken sausage (I like Aidell’s Organic Sweet Basil and Roasted Garlic)
· 1 large spaghetti squash, or 2 small
· 1 tbsp coconut oil or grassed butter
· 4 tbsp olive oil
· 1 cup chopped basil
· 1 tbsp salt (I recommend Real Salt)
· Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice spaghetti squash length wise and scoop out seeds. Rub with olive oil and salt. Cook for an hour or until softened.
2. When squash has about 15 minutes left slice sausage into pieces. Heat up a pan, grease with butter or coconut oil. Brown sausage on both sides.
3. Chop up basil.
4. Combine cooked spaghetti squash with sausage, 4 tbsp of olive oil, and basil.