Week 4 of Cleanse Recipes
BRUSSEL, FENNEL, AND APPLE SLAW
This simple salad is so refreshing, the bright flavors of lemon and green apple balance with the brussel sprouts perfectly. Using your food processor this is a breeze to throw together to make a large salad when entertaining. When making it for yourself, you can simply chop up the ingredients yourself.
· 1 medium granny smith apple
· 2 fennel bulbs
· 3 cups brussel sprouts
· 2 tsp fennel fronds, chopped
· 1/3 cup toasted pine-nuts
· 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
· 1/3 cup olive oil
· 1 tbsp honey
· juice and zest of a lemon
· real salt and freshly cracker pepper to taste
1. With the slicing attachment on your food processor thinly slice apple, brussel sprouts, and fennel.
2. Toast pine nuts in oven at 375 for 5–7 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking process.
3. Combine all the ingredients for vinaigrette.
4. Dress salad an hour before serving, and enjoy!