Please welcome Burn’s new instructor Ysabel Lola!
Born and raised in San Francisco, Ysabel studied journalism and Spanish at Loyola University of New Orleans. After taking a strength and weight training class her senior year of high school, she realized the confidence and power that working out gave her and decided this would be a part of her life forever. After returning from college in the summer of 2016 after four years in New Orleans — a tough city to stay healthy in — she threw herself back into a health and fitness routine and found herself at Burn’s front desk, and eventually transitioning to an instructor position. While health and fitness are extremely important in Ysabel’s life, she lives for the city’s best food and drink and spends her free time writing about SF’s most delicious spots on her blog. Thinking up imaginative recipes and sharing them with friends and family all the time, she makes sure to exercise and keep her body in shape so she can indulge in all her favorite things!
1) What are some of your favorite things to do?
Cooking, writing my blog, and having a cold glass of prosecco 🙂
2) What is the most amazing place you have visited and why?
I stared into the mouth of the active Masaya volcano in Nicaragua, where my dad is from, and felt the most connected to the Earth and to my roots than I ever have.
3) How do you unwind after a long day?
After a particularly tough mental day, I like watching a some of my favorite guilty pleasure TV shows and sitting on the couch.
4) Do you have any favorite places to eat in San Francisco?
I could eat the pho at Mau on Valencia St. every single day of my life.
5) What is your favorite aspect of Burn?
I love the quick KILLER bursts of cardio that get you sweating within 15 seconds!
6) Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?
Tom Hardy, always and forever.
7) Lastly, how did you become involved in the fitness industry?
I started at Burn’s front desk, answering phones and cleaning the studio, when they asked me to become an instructor!
Join one of Ysabel’s classes in SF:
· Mondays 7am, Market
· Thursdays 4/5/6pm, Valencia starting March 2nd
· Fridays Noon, Valencia starting March 3rd
· Sundays 8:30/9:30am, Irving starting March 5th