Originally from Northern Spain, Mario worked in the design industry for over a decade before switching gears into the fitness world. For years, Mario competed at a high level in the endurance horse racing circuit for his state team in Spain and as an adventurous mountain biker and snowboarding fanatic.
In 2009 Mario moved to San Francisco where he has been teaching Yoga, Pilates and Group Fitness ever since. Mario blends all his knowledge from these various disciplines to create a rich and vibrant experience for his students. Classes with Mario are challenging, fun and a great workout.
When not on the mat you can find Mario hiking the highest peaks in the Himalayas, trekking through Thailand’s jungle or crossing Sahara’s desert. As an adventurous traveler he always find the challenges to keep him in touch with his higher self.
1) What are your favorite hobbies?
Cooking, traveling, and playing the ukulele.
2) What is the most amazing place you have visited and why?
The Himalayas, you can’t be higher than that. 😉
3) How do you unwind after a long day?
A hot bath with mineral salts.
4) Do you have any favorite places to eat in San Francisco?
My home has the best menu!
5) What is your favorite aspect of Burn?
It’s practical, dynamic, and fun!
6) Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?
Colonel Meow (the cat).
7) Lastly, how did you become involved in the fitness industry?
Recovering from an injury.