Please welcome our newest SF instructor Jenna Valez!
Jenna Valez grew up in the North Bay and graduated from Sonoma State University with two bachelor of arts degrees in dance and psychology. She currently resides in San Francisco where she dances professionally for Molly Fletcher Lynch’s Maligrad Contemporary Dance Company. Aside from performing, Jenna has a deep passion for teaching. She started teaching dance to children in her small hometown, and now teaches dance to all ages at various dance studios around the bay area. She loves to share her passion for movement and exercise with others and inspiring people to do their absolute best.
Above all, Jenna is all about having a good time and sending out positive vibes, so get ready to feel the energy in her Burn classes! Her favorite cardio moves are mountain climbers and speed skaters, so get ready move and sweat!
1) What are some of your favorite things to do?
Dancing, hiking, painting, eating ice cream, and hanging with the homies.
2) What is the most amazing place you have visited and why?
Yosemite—It was one of the most colorful, peaceful, and inspiring places I have ever seen. SO beautiful!
3) How do you unwind after a long day?
If it is warm enough, I usually go on a hike at Glen Canyon Park. If it is chilly, I love to just snuggle up and watch a good movie.
4) Do you have any favorite places to eat in San Francisco?
Nopalito is one of my favorite spots. The crispy garbonzo beans are so good!
5) What is your favorite aspect of Burn?
Leg Springs are my jam!
6) Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?
Beyoncé, all the way.
7) Lastly, how did you become involved in the fitness industry?
I have been a dancer since I was young, so exercise has always been a big part of my life. Burn has really introduced me to group fitness and I am so happy to be a part of it.
Come burn with Jenna in SF:
– Mondays 6/7am, Valenica.
– Tuesdays 4/5pm, Valenica.
– Saturdays 10/11am, 12pm, Irving starting July 9th.