WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
If you haven’t tried roasting a whole head of cauliflower already, you’re missing out! It is so simple and when you smother it with herbs you get a beautiful crust on the outside while the inside is perfectly cooked. This recipe features turmeric, which is a wonder herb known for its incredible anti-inflammatory benefits.
· 1 tbsp coconut oil
· 1 tbsp grass fed butter
· 1 head of cauliflower
· 1 tsp turmeric
· 1 tsp ginger
· 1 tsp garlic
· 1 tsp garam masala
· 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
· 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove stem and leaves from head of cauliflower and wash.
3. Rub coconut oil and butter all over head of cauliflower.
4. Mix spices all together, then using your hands rub onto the cauliflower.
5. Bake in oven for 40–60 minutes. You want the cauliflower to be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
BASIL LIME GREEN CHICKEN
The flavorful marinade for this chicken dish can be put together in a blender, don’t stress over measurements! Make it a meal by serving it over a bed of greens with radish and mango.
· 1 bunch basil leaves
· 1 bunch cilantro leaves & stems
· 1 green apple, core removed
· 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
· 1 finger-sized knob of ginger
· 1 teaspoon fish sauce
· zest and juice of 2 limes
· generous pinch of salt
· generous pinch of chile flakes
· 4 large, whole chicken legs
· 1 Tablespoon ghee
· 2 cups arugula
· 1⁄2 mango, diced
· 1 Tablespoon lime juice
1. Place all ingredients except chicken and salad ingredients in blender, and blend marinade until smooth.
2. Add chicken to a gallon-size ziplock bag, and pour marinade over chicken. Zip bag and massage marinade into chicken for at least one minute.
3. Allow to marinate for at least one hour, overnight or all day is best.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (or 400 for convection).
5. Let excess marinade drip off chicken, and lay flat on sheet pan, skin side up.
6. Using two fingers, separate the skin from the flesh and add ghee in between.
7. Sprinkle generously with salt.
8. Place in oven for 45 minutes.
9. Serve on a bed of arugula, lime & mango.