LISA: WHAT’S IN YOUR FRIDGE?
While most of my fridge is packed with “kid food” and beer Jason brews, I can never be without the following:
1. Sparkling water- I drink A LOT of water. Sparkling water helps me stay hydrated. I drink it at night with lemon and cucumber as an alternative to alcohol.
2. Half and Half- Yea, I drink A LOT of coffee too. I don’t like sugar in my coffee but I need a ton of half and half to make it just right.
3. Wine and/or champagne- enough said.
4. Kombucha- I usually drink Kombucha Mon-Wed afternoons, which are my longest work days. I teach, attend lots of meetings, and then I spend a lot of time in my car, in traffic, shuttling my kids around. I start to hit a wall by 3:30 and Kombucha helps me get over it.
5. yogurt- Wallaby Greek Whole Milk Vanilla is my current favorite.
6. apples- I eat at least one per day. I love them, and they make my teeth feel clean (is that weird?)
7. Fresh fruit and veg from Full Circle Farms weekly Home Delivery- I love these guys. You get a story about the farms the food comes from, and my sister used to volunteer there with her middle school students.
8. Sunflower seed butter- My daughter is allergic to peanuts, so we’ve had to make the switch to Sunflower butter. I have it on toast every day and try to fool myself into thinking it’s peanut butter.
9. Turkey, chicken, steak,- I never know which type of animal protein my kids will suddenly hate, so I like to have a bit of each to make sure they get some meat in their diet.
10. Cheese- I eat a slice or 2 in the afternoon when I feel kind of hungry and tired. Makes me feel much better and tides me over till dinner.
11. Eggs-I hard boil them and pack them in my lunch in the morning. The complete protein helps me feel fuller longer.
12. Sprouted 7 grain wraps- I eat mostly sprouted wheat because it doesn’t spike blood sugar. I’m not low carb or gluten free, but I do try to stay away from unsprouted and refined bread/wraps with lots of added sugar.