This trail mix has such great flavor, lemon is the secret ingredient that sets it a part from your ordinary trail mix. Make a large batch and enjoy for weeks!
· 3 cups sliced almonds
· 2 cups coconut flakes
· 1.5 cup pumpkin seeds
· 1 cup pecans
· 1 cup walnuts
· 1 cup shelled pistachios (optional)
· 1 cup dried cranberries, cherries, or blueberries (more to taste)
· huge pinch sea salt
· 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
· 1 cup maple syrup
· 1 Tablespoon vanilla or almond extract
· 2 Tablespoons ghee, coconut oil or butter
· 2 lemons, zest & juice
1.Preheat oven to 325 & line a couple baking sheet with parchment.
2. Using clean hands, toss all nuts, coconut flakes, cranberries, salt & cinnamon in large bowl until well-mixed.
3. Add maple syrup, vanilla & melted ghee and stir.
4. Spread in an even, single layer (not overlapping) on baking sheet and toast for 10–15minutes, until cranberries are plumped up.
5. Let cool for 5 minutes, then toss with lemon juice & zest. Keep in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.