Week 4 of Cleanse Recipes
CHEZ PANISSE CHICKEN
Whole chicken legs with succulent dark meat, stay juicy when roasting. The classic flavors of fennel, lemon, garlic and thyme make this simple dish impressive enough to cook when entertaining.
· 2 whole chicken legs, bone in and skin on
· 2 tbsp grass fed butter or ghee
· Zest of 2 lemons
· 1 tbsp fennel seeds
· 3 tbsp fresh thyme
· 2 cloves of garlic
· Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine all the ingredients except for chicken in a mortar and pestle and grind them into a paste.
3. Generously salt and pepper the chicken legs.
4. Lift the skin off of the leg without removing it entirely, rub the herb paste underneath the skin of the chicken.
5. Place chicken legs on a baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes. The skin should get nice, and￼￼ brown and crispy.