Week 5 of Cleanse Recipes
CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
This is a great alternative on those nights you feel like Chinese take out! Cauliflower is in place of the rice so you can reap its fantastic health benefits, it is a great source of vitamin C and vitamin K. It also contains phytonutrients called glucosinolates that help activate detoxification enzymes and regulate their activity.
· 1 tbsp coconut oil
· 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 8 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined
· 1 medium carrot, chopped
· 1/2 cup peas
· 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
· 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice
· 2 eggs, beaten
· Salt and pepper
1. Prepare the cauliflower rice by using a food processor grating attachment. If you do not have a food processor doing small batches of cauliflower at a low setting in a blender will work.You can also chop the cauliflower by hand if neither of these tools are available to you.
2. Heat a pan over medium–high heat. Melt the coconut oil and add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook until the onion starts to soften, then add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the carrot, peas, and bell pepper to the pan. Cook for 3–4 minutes, and then stir in the cauliflower rice. Clear a circle in the center of the pan and pour in the beaten eggs. Stir to scramble the eggs and then combine with the other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.