A native of the Bay Area, Christian has been working in the fitness industry in various capacities for almost 20 years. For the past 10 years, he has worked as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor. Christian has a wealth of knowledge in the areas of health, fitness and nutrition and holds a B.S. in Commercial Fitness Management, a personal training certification from the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and a Corrective Exercise Specialist from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
1) What are some of your favorite things to do?
Reading books and checking FB in cafes, hiking, powerlifting, traveling to new places.
2) What is the most amazing place you have visited and why?
I greatly enjoyed Singapore. It is an incredibly clean country and I never had a bad meal!
3) How do you unwind after a long day?
Binge watch shows on Netflix, sometimes with a glass of wine — or two!
4) Do you have any favorite places to eat in San Francisco?
My Tofu House (Richmond district) has arguably the best Korean food in SF. I lived in South Korea for almost 2 years and this place makes me feel like I’m back there.
5) What is your favorite aspect of Burn?
I love using the belt.
6) Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?
I have secretly had a crush on Tom Cruise since his “Top Gun” came out. Once I came out, it wasn’t a secret anymore. I have seen nearly all of his movies and he gets better with age!
7) Lastly, how did you become involved in the fitness industry?
I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Commercial Fitness Management and after I received it, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it and I decided to pursue personal training. I love people and have an outgoing personality, so it seemed like a perfect match and it has been!
Join one of Christian’s classes in SF:
– Sundays 8:30/9:30am, Valencia starting Sunday March 12th
– Tuesdays 5/6/7pm, Market